One of the most anticipated customized vehicles from Volkswagen’s new Factory endorsed range, the stretched Amarok in XL and XXL guise, is on sale now, offering customers a purpose-built, turn-key solution.
While the Amarok has always been a class leader with its tray that can accommodate a Euro pallet between the wheel arches, some customers need even more tray capacity to get the job done. It is for those customers that Volkswagen Group Australia’s (VGA) Body Builder Program was devised, and why the Amarok now comes in an extended XL and XXL body styles; both on-sale now.
The program sees Volkswagen vehicles customized by a group of recognised converters, who must meet the strictest of build and quality standards set by Volkswagen’s own factory, as well as back VGA’s own five-year warranty.
Andrew Hester, National Conversion Manager, explained the significance of the Body Builder Program, which is available for customers across Volkswagen’s national dealer network.
“VGA has a breadth of capability it has never possessed and a range unrivalled elsewhere,” Mr Hester says. “The Amarok XL and XXL top-to-tail solutions are very much the tip of the iceberg. Volkswagen and its partners can engineer literally dozens of bespoke variants.”
Amarok XL and XXL from Veth (built under license by Adaptive Manufacturing in Adelaide)
The first Amarok conversion to feature as part of the program, the Amarok XL and XXL have been constructed by Netherlands partner, Veth Automotive. It has partnered with Adelaide firm Adaptive Automotive to undertake subsequent conversions.
Uniquely, all Amarok XL/XXL variants come with Electronic Stability Control reprogramming designed to compensate for the longer wheelbase. In addition are three, centre of gravity height programs to compensate for additional conversions.
Amarok XL and XXL Key Features:
- Built on Amarok (GP) 4 Cylinder & V6, Dual Cab 4Motion MT & AT models
- More load space, versatility and flexibility
- 2 x Versions: XL with +310mm longer wheelbase or XXL with +650mm longer wheelbase
- Volkswagen adapted ESC program, to ensure vehicle safety and operation, even in off-road conditions
- Conversion maintains the 5 year / Unlimited km Warranty of the Amarok
- Built by our locally recognised Conversion partner; Adaptive Manufacturing in South Australia, with permission granted under license from Premium Partner, Veth Automotive (Netherlands)
- Chassis or Utility models
- ESC Reprogramming to compensate for the longer wheelbase(s)
- 4Motion Permanent 4×4
- Rear Diff Lock as standard
- Same Warranty as base vehicle
- Multiple applications from Lifestyle to Emergency Services & Military use
- Converter’s own range of options & accessories available
Amarok XL and XXL key dimensions
|Vehicle||Wheelbase||Vehicle Length||Internal Load Length||Increase in Weight FA (kg)||Increase in Weight RA (kg)||Total Increase (kg)||Ramp Angle|
|Amarok Dual Cab||3,095 mm||5,254 mm||1,555 mm||–||–||–||23°|
|XL Cab Chassis||3,405 mm||5,564 mm*||–||15||10||25||21°|
|XL Dual Cab||3,405 mm||5,564 mm||1,865 mm||25||20||45||21°|
|XXL Cab Chassis||3,745 mm||5,904 mm*||–||35||15||50||19°|
|XXL Dual Cab||3,745 mm||5,904 mm||2,205 mm||50||35||85||19°|
Conversion Pricing (above cost of base Amarok vehicle):
|Conversion Type||RRP inc GST|
|Amarok XL Dual Cab Chassis||$10,595|
|Amarok XL Dual Cab Utility||$18,995|
|Amarok XXL Dual Cab Chassis||$13,595|
|Amarok XXL Dual Cab Utility||$21,995|