SsangYong Australia has released some styling upgrades to 2021 Musso 4×4 dual cab Ute with a striking new front end design and new wheel designs.
Lee Kang, Head of the SsangYong Design Centre, said, “The new Musso embodies strength and toughness. The magnificent and imposing grille wraps the horizontal breadth of the front and harmonises with the restrained bumper that subtly supports the solid body.”
On the side and rear, the character lines connect with the integrated LED headlights and radiator grille and the rear combination lights which show the presence of a fully-fledged dual cab Ute.
New 17-inch and 18-inch alloy wheel designs with dark treatment to the door handles, mirrors and beltlines further enhances Musso’s rugged, commanding presence.
There is also a choice of six body colours: Grand White, Silky White Pearl, Marble Grey, Space Black, Atlantic Blue, and Indian Red. Interior upholstery is available in premium woven fabric, Leather-look TPU or Premium Nappa leather in the new range-topping option.
Markedly different from its competitors, the Musso allow users to choose between two load bed lengths and capacities, depending on their use and needs. The Musso offers a load area of 1,011litres and Musso XLV with its extra 300mm of bed length, provides a load volume of 1,262litres, almost 25% more than shorter wheelbase Musso.
The powertrain continues with the sturdy 2.2L turbo diesel engine and 6-speed manual or the well-proven AISIN 6-speed automatic transmission.
With SsangYong’s customary, full suite of standard inclusions, the new Musso range continues to offer essential advanced safety features such as: AEB (Autonomous Emergency Braking), FVSW (front Vehicle Start Warning), FCW (Forward Collision Warning), LDW (Lane Departure Warning) and SHB (Smart High Beam).
Musso’s strength and toughness starts with its high-grade steel construction that includes an ultra-high-strength Quad-frame. The rigid body-on-frame design with eight large mounting points contributes to Musso’s low levels of road noise, and quality driving refinement, somewhat unique in the segment.
Due to the popularity of the range-topping Ultimate models along with valuable dealer and customer feedback, the 2021 Musso Ultimate has a new option, the Luxury Pack. This optional pack offers a number of premium features over and above the Ultimate model.
Musso Model Line-Up
ELX – Highlights
- 2.2 litre Turbo Diesel engine
- 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission
- Part-time 4×4 with 4H / 4L range and automatic-locking rear differential
- 3.5 Tonne braked towing capacity
- 18-inch silver alloy wheels (17-inch for XLV)
- Multi-link, coil spring rear suspension with 790kg payload
- XLV M/T & A/T: Leaf spring rear suspension with 1025kg payload
- Cruise control
- AEB with Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Front fog lights
- 8-inch touchscreen audio
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- Reverse camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Leather steering wheel
- 7-inch instrument cluster
Ultimate – Highlights
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- 18-inch black alloy wheels
- Multi-link, coil spring rear suspension with 790kg payload (880kg payload for XLV)
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Rear Cross Traffic Warning (RCTW)
- Lane Change Collision Warning (LCW)
- 360° camera
- HID Headlights
- Speed Sensitive Power Steering (SSPS)
- TPU Leather-look seats
- Heated and vented front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Walk-away auto-door locking
Ultimate with Luxury Pack
- Dual zone automatic climate control
- Power sunroof
- Premium Nappa leather upholstery
- Powered front seats
- Powered drivers lumbar support
- Heated rear seats
PRICING (Recommended Driveway)
|XLV Pack||Luxury Pack||Metallic paint|
|Musso ELX (Man)||$34,990||$1,500||NA||$495|
|Musso ELX (Auto)||$36,990||$1,500||NA||$495|
The new 2021 Musso range will be on-sale from July.