RAM 1500 TRX is the most powerful and fastest mass produced pick-up truck and has arrived in Australia.
The all-new, official, RAM TRX® is the apex predator of the truck world and cements RAM Trucks Australia as the segment leader both on and off the road.
“The TRX® sets new benchmarks for extreme performance trucks and confirms the Australian market as a true success story for RAM Trucks,” said Neville Crichton, Chairman of the Ateco Group, owners of RAM Trucks Australia.
“From nothing seven years ago to more than 13,000 happy owners now and the largest, most diverse full-size pick-up truck range on offer, what RAM Trucks Australia has achieved is impressive.”
Key RAM 1500 TRX® highlights include:
- 6.2-litre supercharged HEMI® V8 sets new benchmarks for power and performance:
- 523kW @ 6,100rpm; 882NM @ 4,200rpm
- 0-100km/h in 4.5 seconds; 190km/h max speed
- Extensive high-strength steel increases low-torsion attributes to amplify durability and stability
- High-torque-capacity TorqueFlite 8HP95 eight-speed automatic transmission delivers quick, crisp gear changes during both normal and performance driving conditions
- New, innovative dual-path air induction system delivers maximum output and feeds a steady supply of cool, clean air to the engine through the front grille and functional hood scoop
- Largest air filter in the segment uses dual filter elements and is designed for extreme, dusty environments with four times the dust trapping capacity of its closest competitor
- Full-time active transfer case features upgraded internals for improved strength, durability
- All-new, unique suspension system with active damping, inspired by desert off-road racers, incorporates forged aluminium front upper and lower control arms with special attention to caster and camber angles during suspension cycling
- New independent front suspension system with active damping uses high-strength aluminium to maintain overall strength and durability
- TRX® uses a Dana 60 solid rear axle with a 3.55 ratio featuring full-floating hubs and axle-hop damper for improved traction and axle control on rough surfaces. An electronic locking rear differential is standard for increased performance off-road
- Designed exclusively for TRX®, new front and rear 2.6-inch Bilstein Black Hawk e2 adaptive performance shocks provide fast reaction time, unbeatable damping and improved heat dissipation for traversing harsh terrain at high speeds
- Five-link coil suspension is tuned to deliver the best combination of ride, handling and comfort no matter the road surface
- Functional hood scoop is responsible for 50 percent of air entering the 6.2-litre supercharged HEMI® V8 engine while the other 50 percent enters through the grille
- New integrated composite fender flares add body width and feature all-new steel box outers, creating a striking “hourglass” body
- Most spacious interior in the segment offers new, authentic premium materials, colours and textures, including hand-wrapped leather instrument panels for unexpected luxury throughout
- New flat-bottom steering wheel offers enhanced tactility; new aluminium paddle shifters stretch above and below the steering wheel spokes
- Reimagined centre console with maximum storage includes a new performance-oriented floor shifter, wireless charging dock and five USBs, including Type A and C ports
- RAM TRX®-specific transfer case switches are integrated into the dashboard along with Drive Mode selector and Launch Control
- Uconnect® 5C NAV with a class-exclusive portrait 12-inch reconfigurable touchscreen is standard equipment and offers a custom listening experience through an audiophile-quality 900-watt, 19-speaker Harman Kardon® sound system – the finest and most powerful audio system available in a pick-up truck
- New Baja drive mode calibrates four-wheel-drive and steering systems, stability control, paddle shifters and suspension for ultimate desert performance, delivering maximum capability on undulating, loose surfaces
- Numerous active and passive safety and security features, including ParkView rear backup camera with dynamic grid lines, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with electronic roll mitigation and six air bags, Blind Spot Monitoring, Adaptive Cruise Control, Ready Alert Braking and Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus, available
- Goodyear Wrangler Territory 325/65/R18 All-Terrain 35-inch tires, developed exclusively for Ram TRX, achieve unmatched levels of wear resistance, traction and reduced road noise
- The RAM TRX® is priced from $199,950 RRP
RAM Australia More details
“When we first started this brand in Australia people said it couldn’t be done,” said Jeff Barber, National Manager, RAM Trucks Australia.
“Our robust planning, development, remanufacturing, and testing programme in conjunction with our local and global partners at Stellantis’ RAM Trucks International has produced a range of vehicles which have successfully built-up strong demand for full-size pick-up trucks in Australia and New Zealand.”
Australia’s biggest and best pick-up truck range starts with the RAM 1500 Express® Crew and Warlock models in the original DS variant, followed by the 1500 Laramie® and 1500 Limited in the recently launched DT model range, and the Heavy Duty 2500 Laramie® and Heavy Duty 3500 Laramie®.
Rounding out the most comprehensive range of official, RAM-authorised, fit-for-purpose full-size pick-up trucks in the country is the all-new RAM TRX®, a powerful new halo model for RAM Trucks Australia. Priced from $199,950 RRP, the only option will be a full-length panoramic sunroof, at an additional $10,000 RRP.
RAM Trucks Australia is the world’s only RAM-authorised manufacturer of right-hand drive RAM trucks. The relationship with RAM Trucks in the USA began back in 2013 and continues to innovate to deliver a no compromise, full-size pick-up truck that leads in durability, technology and efficiency. All RAM Trucks Australia vehicles are international-spec vehicles, uniquely coded for the Australian market and the local build process.
Only RAM Trucks Australia offer the biggest and best range of American pick-up trucks in this country and also across the Tasman in New Zealand.