The Brand-New Mazda BT-50 will launch with an extensive Dual Cab range when it goes on-sale from October 2020.
A choice of 4×2 and 4×4 drivetrains, smooth six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions and Dual Cab Chassis or Dual Cab Pickups will be offered across three trim levels: well-equipped XT, ruggedly stylish XTR and highly-specified GT.
Additional BT-50 body styles will be introduced post-launch.
Powering the Brand-New Mazda BT-50 is a turbocharged 3.0-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine that generates 140kW peak power along with 450Nm torque, the latter provided from 1,600 to 2,600rpm for exceptional pulling power.
A thorough vehicle weight saving program has reduced weight by around 50kg (model dependent) over the predecessor model and this, combined with the responsive new engine, has led to impressive fuel efficiency gains.
In six-speed automatic-only 4×2 Dual Cab Pickup models, Brand-New Mazda BT-50 uses 7.7L/100km on the combined cycle.
This 7.7L/100km figure is matched by 4×4 Dual Cab Pickups when equipped with the six-speed manual transmission.
When fitted with the six-speed automatic transmission, 4×4 Dual Cab Pickup and 4X2 Dual Cab Chassis models achieve 8.0L/100km on the combined cycle.
Mazda BT-50 XT Dual Cab Chassis and Pickup
Introducing the Brand-New Mazda BT-50 range are the XT Dual Cab Chassis and Dual Cab Pickup models.
The XT comes highly equipped as standard, with a focus on advanced safety features and integrated connectivity technologies to get the job done.
Key specification highlights
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- LED Headlamps with manual levelling
- Power-adjustable body-coloured exterior mirrors
- Black cloth seat trim
- Power windows
- Carpeted floors
- Cruise Control (manual transmission)
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go (automatic transmission)
- 7-inch full-colour infotainment touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay® (wireless and USB) and Android™ Auto (USB)
- Bluetooth® hands-free telephone and audio capability
- DAB+ digital radio
- Reverse camera
- Rear-seat USB charging point (Dual Cab Chassis and Pickup)
- Airbags SRS (driver, front passenger, side, curtain, driver’s knee and driver’s far- side)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Attention Assist
- Automatic High Beam (AHB)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Emergency Lane Keeping (ELK) – Overtaking
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Hill Launch Assist (HLA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)
- Lane-keep Assist System (LAS) (automatic transmission only)
- Locking Rear Differential (LRD) – switchable on/off (4×4 models)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Roll Over Protection (ROP)
- Secondary Collision Reduction
- Speed Assist System
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Turn Assist
Mazda BT-50 XTR Dual Cab Pickup
Opting for the XTR brings additional comfort, convenience and aesthetic features designed to stand out from the crowd.
Key specification highlights (in addition to XT)
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Exterior mirrors with power folding function
- LED Headlamps with auto levelling
- LED front fog lamps
- Side steps
- LED signature daytime running lamps
- Dual-zone climate control air-conditioning with rear vents
- Leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob
- Auto-dimming interior mirror
- Rear seat with centre armrest
- 9-inch full-colour infotainment touchscreen
- Satellite navigation
- Advanced keyless entry
Mazda BT-50 GT Dual Cab Pickup
The top-specification Mazda BT-50 GT provides the ultimate step-up with its luxury-focused interior appointments and sophisticated style.
Key specification highlights (in addition to XTR)
- Chrome exterior mirrors with heating function
- Brown leather seat trim
- Driver’s seat with eight-way power adjustment
- Heated front seats
- Remote engine start (automatic transmission)
- Front parking sensors
Key dimensions and capacities (Cab Chassis payload calculated with Mazda Standard Alloy Tray)