Ford Ranger Sport special edition combines sharp exterior packaging, unique specification with capability and practicality to give Australian customers greater choice
- The Ranger Sport special edition brings a fresh look and unique combination of capability, comfort and practicality with stand-out exterior styling and increased equipment levels to sit between the XLS and XLT 4×4 models in the Ranger line-up
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection is standard on every Ranger, while Ranger Sport brings SYNC 3 with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto smartphone compatibility, plus built-in sat-nav among upgrades over Ranger XLS
- Ranger Sport brings unique detailing, with its front grille, larger 17-inch alloy wheels, mirror caps, door handles, and rear bumper finished in black, while additions include a matte-black sports bar, sidesteps, bedliner and one-off Sport decal
- A five-year/unlimited kilometre factory warranty is part of Ranger Sport’s Ford Service Benefits, which include Loan Car Program, Service Price Promise and sat-nav mapping updates to eligible customers at participating Ford dealerships
The Ford Ranger Sport brings an exciting new model to the 2019 Ford Ranger line-up, with a distinctive looks and equipment upgrades to set it apart from the crowd. The Ranger Sport sits between the Ranger XLS 4×4 and highly equipped Ranger XLT 4×4 models, bringing Australians greater choice with a package that offers the capability and dependability for which Ranger is known.
The Ranger Sport brings a sports-oriented colour range that sets off its go-anywhere spirit of adventure. In its hero True Red paintwork, Ranger Sport shows off its contrasting black front grille, mirror caps, door handles and black alloy wheels, which at 17-inches are an inch larger than those on Ranger XLS. Sport also sees sidesteps, a matte black sports bar and bedliner as standard, adding to its practicality while bolstering its distinctive looks.
At the business end, the unique ‘Sport’ tailgate decal and black rear bumper completes the Ranger Sport’s look. Matching the black detailing, Meteor Grey, Arctic White, Shadow Black and Aluminium Metallic paintwork is also available.
Driver Assist Technology standard on Ranger Sport includes Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)1with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Keeping Aid (LKA) with Lane Departure Warning and Driver Alert, Traffic Sign Recognition and Automatic High-beam headlights1 .
Ford Ranger Sport: Premium features inside and out
Dual-zone climate control is standard on Ranger Sport, providing a comfortable cabin regardless of the weather. Further premium features include smart keyless entry and push-button start, DAB+ Radio and a dual 4.2-inch digital instrument cluster – all part of the Sport’s standard SYNC 3 package. SYNC 3 brings an 8.0-inch full-colour touchscreen, which doubles as high-resolution reversing camera, as well as voice-activated sat-nav, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone capability2.
Ranger Sport’s SYNC 3 functionality also brings features including ‘breadcrumbs’, which enables an off-road route to be mapped via the vehicle dropping digital markers – breadcrumbs – to help record the route for the return journey or return visit.
Ranger Sport’s interior improvements above Ranger XLS include:
- Smart Keyless Entry with Push-button Start
- SYNC 3 with 8.0-inch colour touchscreen
- DAB+ digital radio
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone compatibility
- Voice-activated built-in sat-nav
- Dual-zone climate control
- Dual 4.2-inch digital instrument cluster
The Ranger XLS Sport 4×4 is offered exclusively with Ranger’s proven 3.2-litre common-rail TDCi powertrain, delivering 147kW/470Nm, with a choice of six-speed manual or six-speed automatic. This brings a 3,500kg towing capability and best-in-class 800mm water wading.
Ranger Sport Pricing and ownership experience
The 2019 Ranger Sport MLP is $52,9403(manual) and $55,140iii (automatic), with its upgrades from the XLS representing an additional $6,000 of value over the Ranger XLS. Despite this, the Ranger Sport’s MLP is only $3,500 more than a standard Ranger XLS dual-cab 4×4 to sit between Ranger XLS and Ranger XLT in the line-up.
In addition to a five-year, unlimited kilometre full factory warranty, the Ford Service Benefits program is designed to keep your Ranger Sport on the road longer, at participating Ford dealerships. With long 15,000km/12-month service intervals, A and B log-book services for the first four years/60,000km are set at a maximum of $299 per service for Ranger Sport owners4.
Further adding to the ownership experience, Ford Service Benefits also bring Ranger Sport owners a Service Loan Car, Auto Club Membership including Roadside Assistance as well as SYNC 3 sat-nav mapping updates where available.
The Ford Ranger Sport has been available alongside the full Ford Ranger line-up in Ford Dealerships since July 2019.